Watch the video:
- What do you notice and what do you wonder?
- How many cubes will be in the structure at the 7th stage?
- Make an estimate you know is too high. Too low.
- Draw a sketch using the Isometric Dot Paper of what the last structure will look like.
What do you need to know? What information would you like to help you out?
Act 4 (sequel)
- Can you identify a rule that would tell you how many cubes there would be in the 10th structure? How about the 50 Structure? Write an expression to solve for any stage.
- Is there a pattern with the shape of each structure? If so what shape would the 83rd structure be?
- What would the stage before the 1st stage look like? How many cubes would it have? Can it be expressed as an exponent? (Answer: Act 4 Sequel)
Click the link here to find more of My 3-Act Lessons