If you liked what you heard and don’t want to miss a new idea, task, or video, then sign up and receive Fletchy’s Newsletter.
Slides: Northwest Math Conference Slides
Harnessing the Power of the Purposeful Task: In this session, we’ll explore the power of problem-based lessons as a formative assessment tool. In specific, we’ll look at the structure of 3-Act Math Tasks and how these tasks can be used to build conceptual understanding.
- 3 Act Tasks (At-A-Glance)
- 3-Act Recording Sheet
- 3-Act Recording Sheet (Kindergarten)
- 5 Moves Planning Page
- Open Middle
- Estimation 180 – Andrew Stadel
Teaching 3-Acts and Blog Posts Referenced
- Post: Modeling a 3-act in kindergarten
- Post: Modeling a 3-act in 5th grade
- Sounds of Imaging Numbers
Progression Videos: https://gfletchy.com/progression-videos/